• We expect all athletes to work hard in the classroom and to be respectful of their teachers.
• Every 5 weeks a student’s academic progress is communicated to parents by an interim notice or report card.
• Student/Athlete failing 2 or more courses will be placed on the failing list (composed every 5 weeks)
• The student must meet with the teacher of the courses they are failing within a day of receiving their Extra-Curricular Academic Eligibility form.
• The student may continue to participate in practices and games for a 10 school day probationary period. If the student shows improvement and the teacher signs off on the form then their name will be withdrawn from the failing list. If the student fails to improve and attain a teacher signature within the 10 probationary period then the athlete will be ineligible to participate athletically. The student will regain eligibility when the teacher(s) have signed off on their remediation plan.
• If a student is failing 4 courses that athlete will be immediately ineligible to participate athletically until they reduce the number of courses they are failing to 3 or less. At this point the student/athlete will follow the same guidelines as listed above.