New York State has 11 Athletic Sections. Oneonta City School District is a member of Section IV competing in the TAC conferences.
New York State Public High School
Sportsmanship and Citizenship
• Remember that as a spectator you represent your school as much as any team member.
• Remember that the good name of your school is worth much more than winning a game.
• Learn the rules of the game so that you can be an intelligent spectator.
• Support your team enthusiastically but with consideration and respect for the opponents whether you are winning or losing.
• Be considerate of your fellow spectators.
• Accept the decisions of the game officials as final and not to be questioned.
• Applaud fine play or good sportsmanship by the visiting team – as well as by your own.
• Be considerate of an injured visiting team member.
• Be courteous and friendly to visiting team members and spectators before, during and after the game – in the school and in the community.
• Leave the parking areas carefully – be aware of pedestrians.
• Try to make good sportsmanship a lifelong habit.
The Southern Tier Athletic Conference (STAC) includes seventeen high schools, spanning the Southern Tier of New York State for Varsity and Junior Varsity and Modified Athletics.
Owego Free Academy