Can high school students sign themselves out of school if they are 18?

No. All students, regardless of age, must have parental permission to leave school. Permission can be sent through a note, an email, a ParentSquare message, or a phone call.  Text messages are not a valid form of excuse. 

I am an Alumni and need a copy of my High School transcript. Where do you request one?

  • On the High School Website click guidance office on the left hand side then on the right hand side you’ll see “Alumni Transcript Request Form”. Please fill out this form and submit it. Within 2 business days your transcript will be sent out. 

I am an Alumni and need a copy of my diploma. Where do I request one? 

  • We do not keep copies of diplomas on hand. If you need a copy you’ll have to speak with Cathy Deleski (607) 433-8243 ext 2114 to make this request. Please note that diplomas do cost money and will take 2-4 weeks to arrive. If you need this quickly you might want to see if a copy of your high school transcript would suffice. If so, please request a copy of your transcript on our website. Click here for more diploma information.

If my student is ill and I call them out of school for the day will I still need to turn in a note?

Yes. If your student is sick you will need to provide a written excuse, either through email to [email protected] or in written note form. 

Keep checking the website for more FAQ's to be posted.
© 2024. Oneonta City School District. All Rights Reserved. School CMS Created by eSchoolView
View text-based website