Our Vision and Mission
The purpose of the guidance program is to help each student gain full advantage of the opportunities for intellectual, social, and emotional growth at OMS. The guidance department assists in many different ways, depending upon the needs of the individual student
1. New student orientation - to help new students feel acclimated in school.
2. Individual conferences - to help identify and solve problems whenever a student, teacher, or parent believes it is necessary.
3. Testing program - to help identify a student's educational strengths and weaknesses.
4. Group Counseling and group discussion - to help students develop a clearer sense of who they are as individuals and to accept the characteristics that make each person unique.
5. Class presentations and discussions - to cover topics of interest and to provide critical information regarding course selection and career planning.
In addition to class and group meetings, all students are welcome to come to the guidance office between classes to schedule an appointment. A pre-signed pass must be obtained from the guidance secretary for the scheduled appointment.
Changes in Personal Information?
Please be sure to notify Ms. Fuller, Guidance Secretary, about changes of address, telephone number, or guardianship at 433-8262 (ext. 3431) or [email protected]