Welcome Prospective Oneonta City School District Family!
Parents or legal guardians registering their children for school will need to:
1. Complete all appropriate forms.
(If you need these forms printed, please contact Registrar's Office to make arrangements to pick up a paper packet)
2. Call to set up an appointment time to finalize the registration: 607-433-8200 Ext. 1330
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM and 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Bring the following documentation to your appointment with the District Registrar at 31 Center Street, to complete the
-Form A – District Registration Form
-Form B – Student Residency Questionnaire
-Form C - Health History Form
-Form D – Release of Records Form
-Form E – Application for Free and Reduced Price School Meals/Milk
*Child’s Birth Certificate
*Child’s immunization record
*Proof of residency (one of the following)
a. driver's license
b. vehicle registration
c. voter registration
d. tax return form stating residence
e. lease agreement
f. contract/closing documents to purchase a home
-Legal written custody agreement, if applicable
Elementary School (Students in grades K-5)
Please contact the District Office at 433-8200, x1330 for determination of elementary assignment.
Greater Plains Elementary 60 West End Ave. 607-433-8272
Riverside Elementary 39 House St. 607-433-8273
Valleyview Elementary 40 Valleyview St. 607-433-8252
Middle School (Students in grades 6-8) 607-433-8262
High School (Students in grades 9-12) 607-433-8243
*Both of the above buildings are located at 130 East Street.
Procedures regarding residency determinations:
- Initial Enrollment. When a child’s parent(s), the person(s) in parental relation to the child or the child, as appropriate, requests enrollment of the child in the school district, such child shall be enrolled and shall begin attendance on the next school day, or as soon as practicable, provided that nothing herein shall require the district to enroll such child if a determination of non-residency is made, in accordance with this subdivision, on the date of such request for enrollment. As soon as practicable but no later than three business days after such initial enrollment, the parent(s), the person(s) in parental relation to the child or the child, as appropriate, shall submit documentation and/or information in support of the child's residency in the district and the board of education or its designee shall review all such documentation and/or information and make a residency determination. If such documentation and/or information is submitted on the third business day after initial enrollment, the board of education or its designee in its discretion may make the residency determination no later than the fourth business day after initial enrollment.
- Later Residency review. At any time during the school year and notwithstanding any prior determination to the contrary at the time of the child's initial enrollment or re-entry into the public schools of the district, the board of education or its designee may determine, in accordance with the paragraph below, that a child is not a district resident entitled to attend the schools of the district.
- All decisions denying residency: Any decision by a school official, other than the board or its designee, that a child is not entitled to attend the schools of the district shall include notification of the procedures to obtain review of the decision within the school district. Prior to making a determination of entitlement to attend the schools of the district, the board or its designee shall afford the child's parent, the person in parental relation to the child or the child, as appropriate, the opportunity to submit information concerning the child's right to attend school in the district. When the board of education or its designee determines that a child is not entitled to attend the schools of such district because such child is not a resident of such district, such board or its designee shall, within two business days, provide written notice of its determination to the child's parent, to the person in parental relation to the child, or to the child, as appropriate. Such written notice shall state:
- that the child is not entitled to attend the public schools of the district;
- the specific basis for the determination that the child is not a resident of the school district, including but not limited to a description of the documentary or other evidence upon which such determination is based;
- the date as of which the child will be excluded from the schools of the district; and
- that the determination of the board may be appealed to the Commissioner of Education, in accordance with Education Law, section 310, within 30 days of the date of the determination, and that the instructions, forms and procedure for taking such an appeal, including translated versions of such instructions, forms and procedures, may be obtained from the Office of Counsel at www.counsel.nysed.gov, or by mail addressed to the Office of Counsel.