OCSD Winter Sports Update:
Includes Indoor Protocols
The Oneonta City School District is excited for our athletes to be participating in indoor sports this Winter.
However, in order for the OCSD to have our athletes safely participate this season, we want to share the following spectator information for our home athletic events as these are much different than being a spectator at the outdoor athletic events we hosted this Fall.
Oneonta City School District HOME indoor athletics guidelines for spectators for Winter 2021-2022:
In order to attend:
- You will need a lanyard and pass from an athlete or coach participating in said contest. Please note:
Passes are specific to the sport of the athlete or coach.
- ALL spectators must remain fully masked for the entire time you are in our facilities regardless of vaccination status.
Please be mindful that we are simply trying to provide a safe environment for our students, coaches, and all attendees. As such, we ask that you adhere to these safety protocols designed to keep our athletes participating should there be a COVID concern requiring quarantining.
- Athletes have been issued five lanyards with personalized passes to be distributed as they wish.
- Each Winter coach has been provided with five passes and lanyards as well.
- Each visiting athlete and coach is permitted two spectators. (Game staff will monitor the rosters provided to them by the visiting school’s Athletic Director prior to each contest.)
- Families are encouraged to sit within the same area. If not in the same “POD”, we are asking you to separate yourselves by 3 feet.
- All athletic events (Modified, JV and Varsity) will be held in the Oneonta High School gymnasium or the HS pool to help with spacing and social distancing.
Just like last year, all events will be live-streamed by our amazing production team and available via YouTube.
Links to these events can be found on our OCSD Athletics’ page located on our district website:
www.oneontacsd.org on the day of each event.
As COVID-19 is still presenting challenges in our region, spectator limits and capacities may change. Should
that happen, we will share those changes as quickly as possible.
As always, thank you for your continued support of our Yellowjacket athletes and programs as well as your
continued understanding as we navigate through COVID.
Click the FamilyID link.
Create an account using a valid email and password of your choice
You will then receive a link in your email to begin registration. Click on the activation link in your email.
Click on “Find a Program” and search for Oneonta, NY.
Choose Oneonta City School Athletics
Please be aware that you will enter Parent information and Student information.
Click on the program you would like to “Register” for.
You will see a confirmation page and you are registered.
“Sport Registration” is when all information regarding sport forms (permission, medical, code of conduct, physical) are accessible to be completed online for sport registration. This is open 30 days or less of the start date of the sport. This is mandatory to play.
If you do not have internet access, please contact the school and we will assist you. For additional support, please refer to the athletic website for further instruction and/or contact the Athletic office at Oneonta High School